This lightweight and feature-rich WordPress plugin creates a formatted user directory based on the preexisting user meta fields. It can show avatars, social media icons, mailing address, email address, and almost any other user meta information you wish. It is highly customizable, easy to configure, and fully compatible with meta fields created by MemberPress, BuddyPress, S2Member, or any other custom user meta plugin that stores its fields in the wp_usermeta table.
Dynamic User Directory Add-Ons
Below is an expanding suite of add-ons for Dynamic User Directory that may be purchased via PayPal. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can still use PayPal by checking out as a “guest” and providing your credit card information at the time of purchase.
Purchase Instructions: Click the “Add to Cart” button for each item you wish to purchase (be sure to check out the Combo Deals section for discounts). It will turn into a “Checkout” button. Click any “Checkout” button to view your cart and finalize your purchase. Upon checkout you will be shown a page with the download links for your purchases. You will also be emailed a copy of these links.
Licensing: All add-ons are a one-time purchase for a single site license. There are no recurring fees, but you must purchase a new copy of the add-on for each site you wish to install it on, unless that site is a staging site unavailable to the public.
Refund Policy: If you cannot use the DUD add-on(s) for any reason, contact me within the first 30 days of your purchase and I’ll issue a full refund, minus the PayPal transaction fee I am charged when you make the purchase. After 30 days all sales are final.
Before You Buy Please Be Aware:
- DUD currently supports only the English language.
- DUD is not currently integrated with BuddyPress membership functionalities (e.g. field privacy settings or “who’s online”). It is also not integrated with the 3rd party BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types plugin.
- I can’t add new features on demand to help you meet a deadline. But you’re welcome to change the code yourself, or to put in a new feature request (if accepted it will still take some time to develop), or you can see if I’m free to do a paid customization.
Pre-Sales Questions and Post-Sales Support: I’ll be happy to answer your pre-sales questions or provide post-sales troubleshooting via email. This does *not* include debugging any custom code changes made to the plugin after installation, or assistance with complex site-specific configurations (which I may be hired to address if I have availability).
Kindly bear in mind I don’t have a support team to answer questions. I usually respond quickly, but there may be a brief delay. Please check the DUD FAQ or the DUD Troubleshooting Guide before contacting me to see if your issue has already been addressed. Thanks!
NEW! Custom Avatar ($10.00)
This add-on will let you display a custom avatar to the directory. You should first define a meta field that contains the URL of the uploaded photo for each user. Then after installing the add-on, enter the meta field key name in the new ‘Avatar Meta Key’ DUD setting. The custom photo will then be displayed as the avatar in the directory listing. If the user did NOT upload a photo to their profile, but they DO have a WordPress avatar, the WordPress avatar will be displayed instead.
Note: this add-on will NOT work if the avatar url field was defined through S2Member or BuddyPress. It WILL work with any standard WordPress meta field (including fields created through MemberPress or any other membership plugin that is compatible with the DUD plugin).
Directory Export ($10.00)
This add-on lets you export your directory to a .csv file via a frontend download link. You control who gets to see the link by restricting it to the user roles of your choice (this is highly recommended), and you get the ability to export both the full directory and directory search results.
Features include: 1) Show/hide column labels, 2) Show/hide letter divider, 3) Set the export link text and page position, 3) Full compatibility with ALL other DUD add-ons. For example, if you are using the Multiple Directories add-on, you can export each directory instance according to its own unique configuration. If you are using the Meta Fields Search add-on, you will be able to export those search results as well.
How it works: Each time a viewer visits the directory page or runs a directory search, the add-on will create a new directory export .csv file and place it in the root directory of your server. The viewer is then shown a download link to this file (and ONLY this file). Every time a new directory export .csv file is generated, the add-on will automatically find and remove all directory export files that are more than 5 minutes old.
Note: this is NOT the same thing as a user export and is NOT designed to function as a file that can later be imported back into WordPress.
Exclude User Filter ($10.00)
This add-on lets you exclude users from the directory in several different ways:
(1) Based on your own custom meta field, such as an “Opt out of directory” checkbox. Your field may be a radio, checkbox, text field, or dropdown. Available conditionals you may use to check the field include: equal to, not equal to, empty, not empty, selected, not selected, contains, and does not contain.
(2) Additional BuddyPress options: hide users if they are inactive, have a last activity date older than x amount of days, or are marked as spammer.
(3) Additional MemberPress options: hide users with no active memberships, who have a particular subscription plan, who have no recurring subscriptions, or who have a subscription in pending, paused, or cancelled status. If users have multiple subscriptions, and you select one of those subscriptions for hiding, you also have the option of showing the user anyway *if* they have at least one subscription NOT selected for hiding.
Note: This add-on may result in slow page load times for very large directories (i.e. ~1,000+ users). Smaller directories will NOT experience this delay. A “performance improvement” settings option is now available for high volume sites to decrease page load time. To use this setting, you must NOT be using the Custom Sort Field add-on, and you MUST have the directory set to the “Alphabet Letter Links” directory type.
Main Settings + MemberPress options
Main Settings + BuddyPress Options
Custom Sort Field ($12.00)
This powerful add-on lets you sort on any user meta field, rather than just last name or display name. Display the custom sort field categories at the top of the directory as links, an auto-refresh dropdown, or an additional search field dropdown. Sort in ascending, descending, or random order. Fully integrated with ALL the DUD add-ons! The demos below are just a few of the many possible configurations your custom sorted directory can have when it is paired with other add-ons (which must be purchased separately).
|Demo 1 | Settings||Basic letter links directory sorted by department.|
|Demo 2 | Settings||Basic single page directory sorted by department. Additional Required Add-ons: Alpha Links Scroll|
|Demo 3 | Settings||Single page directory sorted by department. Additional Required Add-ons: Alpha Links Scroll, Meta Fields Search.|
|Demo 4 | Settings||Single page directory sorted by department. Additional Required Add-ons: Hide Dir Before Search, Alpha Links Scroll, Meta Fields Search.|
|Demo 5 | Settings||Letter links directory sorted by department. Additional Required Add-ons: Meta Fields Search, Horizontal Layout.|
|Demo 6 | Settings||Letter links directory sorted by department with auto refresh dropdown instead of links.|
|Demo 7 | Settings||Letter links directory sorted by department (with search field instead of letter links). Additional Required Add-ons: Hide Dir Before Search.|
- This add-on is NOT compatible with the S2Member framework, due to the way S2Member stores its meta fields. It IS compatible with ALL other membership plugins that currently work with the DUD plugin.
- This add-on currently requires the sort field to be a standard text field or drop-down box. That means meta fields stored as arrays, such as checkboxes, radio buttons, or multiselect boxes, will NOT work with this add-on.
- This add-on allows for one sort field category per user. For example, if your sort field is “department,” each user should be assigned to only one department, rather than to multiple departments.
- Since you will be sorting the directory on this field, all field values in your custom sort field should *begin* with an alphabetic character. You can, however, have special characters elsewhere in the field.
- Currently you cannot display the regular alphabet letter links when using this add-on. There are plans to allow this feature in a future update.
- Special fields currently NOT available for use as a custom sort field (because they are technically not WordPress meta fields): User Registration Date, User Roles, User Website, or User Email Address.
Hide Directory Before Search ($8.00)
This add-on hides the directory listings until a search is run. This is especially useful for sites needing a search-oriented directory. After installation, the Dynamic User Directory settings page will contain a new check box in the Main Directory Settings section for hiding or showing the directory before a search is run.
Hide Directory Before Search Demo
Alpha Links Scroll ($8.00)
This add-on displays alphabet links on the Single Page Directory that will smoothly scroll to the matching letter divider. No more manual scrolling through a long list of names — simply click on a letter link at the top and let the browser do the work. The result is both user-friendly and visually impressive! Once activated, this add-on needs no further configuration.
Note: Your directory must be set to display letter dividers for the scrolling to work.
Multiple Directories ($10.00)
This add-on allows you to create up to 100 additional instances of the directory on your website, each with its own unique display settings. Perfect for creating public and members-only versions of your directory! After installation, the Dynamic User Directory settings page will contain a new “Directory Instances” section at the top for adding a new instance or loading an existing one.
Meta Fields Search ($12.00)
This add-on provides powerful filter capabilities, allowing viewers to search the directory by any user meta fields you specify in the settings. It comes with two different search types:
(1) Single Meta Field Search – displays a dropdown beside the search box listing the possible meta fields to search on (e.g. City, State, Zip, etc). Searches only within the selected meta field for the entered value. You may specify the precision of your search for each individual meta field by choosing a search type of contains,starts with, or matches.
You may also optionally configure a dropdown of pre-defined search values for any given meta field. For example, you can configure a “States” dropdown box that will allow viewers to select a state to search on. This will be shown in place of the usual search input box.
(2) General Meta Field Search – displays a single search box (with optional placeholder text) and automatically looks for the entered value within all the meta fields specified in the settings. Please note this currently does *not* allow for multiple search terms at the same time (e.g. searching city and state at the same time).
After installation, the Dynamic User Directory settings page will contain a new “User Meta Search Field Settings” section at the bottom for configuring up to fifteen search fields.
Demo Example #1 – Single Meta Field Search
Demo Example #2 – General Search
Horizontal Layout ($10.00)
This add-on gives you the option of showing your directory listings in a horizontal layout. Highly customizable with plenty of features including optional column header labels and alternating table row stripes, plus adjustable directory width, column widths, and cell padding. Fully responsive design and fully compatible with the other DUD add-ons!
Horizontal Directory Demo A – Five column directory on page with sidebar
Horizontal Directory Demo B – Seven column directory on full size page
|Admin Settings #1 | Admin Settings #2 | Admin Settings #3|
Take 15% off the total cost when you purchase this combo package containing both the Multiple Directories and the Alpha Links Scroll add-ons.
Take 15% off the total cost when you purchase this combo package containing both the Multiple Directories and the Exclude User add-ons.
Take 15% off the total cost when you purchase this combo package containing both the Multiple Directories and the Directory Export add-ons.
Take 15% off the total cost when you purchase this combo package containing both the Meta Fields Search and the Directory Export add-ons.
Take 15% off the total cost when you purchase this combo package containing both the Meta Fields Search and the Alpha Links Scroll add-ons.
Take 15% off the total cost when you purchase this combo package containing both the Meta Fields Search and the Hide Directory Before Search add-ons.
Take 10% off the total cost when you purchase this combo package containing both the Meta Fields Search and the Multiple Directories add-ons!
Take 20% off the total cost when you purchase this combo package containing the Meta Fields Search, Multiple Directories, and Alpha Links Scroll add-ons!
Take 20% off the total cost when you purchase this combo package containing the Custom Sort Field, Horizontal Layout, and Meta Fields Search add-ons!
Take 20% off the total cost when you purchase this combo package containing four Dynamic User Directory add-ons!
Take 20% off the total cost when you purchase this combo package containing four Dynamic User Directory add-ons!
Take 20% off the total cost when you purchase this combo package containing five Dynamic User Directory add-ons!
Take over 25% off the total cost when you purchase this combo package of six Dynamic User Directory Add-ons!
$70 value! Save $20 off the total cost when you purchase this combo package containing seven stellar Dynamic User Directory Add-ons!
$80 value! Save $25.00 off the total cost when you purchase this combo package containing eight excellent Dynamic User Directory Add-ons!
$90 value! Save $30.00 off the total cost when you purchase this combo package containing the full suite of Dynamic User Directory Add-ons!
Many hours of work went into creating the free Dynamic User Directory plugin. If you have found it useful, please consider supporting its ongoing improvement with a small Paypal donation. Thanks so much!